Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of Thankfulness!

I think it's important to always be thankful. I love how last November, and now again this year, my facebook page is flooded with things my friends are thankful for. First off, I'm thankful for a God who is always there, never changes, and always loves us.

So, for our month of thankfulness, Megan created this painting. I should have taken pictures along the way, but I was too busy enjoying the moment. :)
This picture was inspired by a beautiful picture posted by a dear friend. Here's how to make our version:

Materials:
red, orange, yellow, brown, and green tempera, craft, or finger paint, not watercolors
paint brush
watercolor paper, copy paper (that's what we used), tag board, or canvas

Step 1: Paint a tree. (I told Megan to paint a tree. I just wanted to see what she would create. :))
Step 2: Dip a finger, of your child's choice, into paint and make fingerprint "leaves" of various colors.
Step 3: Add words. (I wish I had either printed them or (even better) let Megan write them herself.)

Crafts are about what the kids can do, fun, and discovery, not about being perfect! It's taken me a long time to get that through my head. But, I enjoy them so much more now...and so do my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment